Thursday, September 18, 2014

I have been very lax in posting here to my blog.....thirty lashes with a wet noodle!  In my defense, I have been very busy learning twitter and learning how to gather followers on twitter and all the other ins and outs of twitter.  Yes, I'm a little slow jumping on the twitter train, but better late than never!

Let's see if I can remember what I picked up last weekend...oh yes!  We stopped at the Big Top flea market on Saturday.  There is an older gentelman that we have been visiting for quite some time.  I used to make my own jewelry and he would save all kinds of scrap items for me to incorporate into my designs.  I haven't had the heart to tell him I don't want any more of his lots, so I bought it for $15.00.  Surprisingly I found several really neat items in there, including these simichrome tested bakelite dice.  I sold those right away.  :)
On Sunday we went to the 49er flea market and I found this absolutely lovely hinged brass trinket box with micro mosaic lid.

My research shows this to be from the early 1900's.  I was only able to find one other like it.  I listed this out on Ebay.  I'm hoping this one sells well.  The new owner will adore this as it is just so different than the "normal" mosaic lid trinket boxes out there.

Tomorrow I will catch you up with what we found on Monday at Webster.  In the meantime, don't forget to check out all the items I have listed in both my Ebay and Etsy shops!  Links to both can be found to the right hand side of the screen....or, feel free to send me a message if you are looking for something in particular.


No comments:

Post a Comment