Monday, September 8, 2014

Today being Monday meant a trip up to Webster Flea Market, one of my all time favorites.  Right now the "season" has not yet begun so we don't have as many vendors to choose from.  However, this summer season has given us a chance to really get to know the local vendors, develop a good rapport with them so they now know us, know the kinds of items we like to pick and generally will hold some items aside especially for us.  They also usually will give us a better price than they would to the casual shopper.

My favorite find today was this lovely lavalier Art Deco necklace.  I have yet to complete my research on it, and might have to take it to a jeweler to have the metal tested, so it is not listed anywhere as yet.
I found several other items today too, including an R. Mandle flower brooch, an early plastic Coty powder and lipstick compact, an unsigned Hattie Carnegie Christmas tree, and this oh so dainty Coro ballerina brooch.
Can't wait for our next venture out to a flea market!  I'll e sure to show you our goodies!


No comments:

Post a Comment