Saturday, September 13, 2014

Today was our day to visit the Big Top Flea Market.  Although we don't usually find very much here, the times that we do make it worth while.  Besides, right now there isn't another decent flea market around.  Today was one of those blah days.  The one vendor that we usually find some nice jewelry pieces did not have anything for us.  Another vendor that carries a lot of very unique vintage and antique items also had nothing for us although she did have a very cool drinking / toasting horn.  Since this was way out of my knowledge area, and even though it was very cool, I felt I had to pass it by.  And after I got home and did some research, I'm glad I did.  Turns out it is not vintage at all and her price was just what I could purchase it online for.  Whew!  Trust your gut!

So, since I have nothing from today's trip to show you, let me show you a couple of pieces that I recently posted.  The first is a holiday item.  I picked this up several weeks ago in anticipation of the ramp up of the holiday selling.  I have this listed in my Etsy shop, GliterzBySal.

This is a double brooch with the pins under each of the holly leaves.  The rhinestone chain swag has JOY written in rhinestones below it.  I have rarely seen a double brooch like this and never in the holiday jewelry line.  This should sell well.

This next item I have listed out in my Ebay shop, GliterzBySal.  I received this in a trade of jewelry with a Facebook friend.  It has been getting a LOT of interest and views, tweets, pins and shares.....and no wonder, she is stunning!!
This brooch is hand carved coral set in a 14k yellow gold frame.  She is from the mid 1800's and although she is only 7/8" long, she has a very bid WOW factor.  I'm sure she will make her next owner a very happy person.

Tomorrow is the 49er Flea Market and I am sure I will have some new treasures to show you.  In the mean time, check out my Etsy and Ebay shop and feel free to follow me on Twitter, @GliterzBySal.


No comments:

Post a Comment